My baby girl went and turned four last month even though I told her I wanted her to stay three forever. She would have happily obliged but that birthday came and went and now we have another four year old in our house! Reagan is an awesome little person, she brings so much joy into our home. I refer to her as our “peacemaker” because she is so easy going that she is often the one to smooth things over when the stubborn elements of our family (me and lincoln) start to butt heads. She will willingly give Lincoln what he wants when she can see him building up to a melt down and their relationship seems to work well because they are such opposites. Don’t let that fool you though because that girl can certainly throw a massive fit when she doesn’t get what she REALLY wants…whining seems to be an issue that we need to work on! But we do love her sweet spirit and how much she loves everyone around her. She reminds me daily how much she loves all her friends and family and spends most of her time writing “love cards” for me to mail around the country to all her loved ones (one day I will get around to that…). We always tell people that Reagan was our surprise baby but I don’t know where we would be without our little princess. A few things I don’t want to forget about Reagan…
- She LOVES princesses and pink and dolls and most every girly thing she can get her hands on
- She might be a girly girl but she can also name every Marvel superhero, watches Animaniacs, and can’t wait to play soccer
- We all call her Ray Ray which Nate thinks is a nickname for an NFL running back but I like it and it has stuck now
- She is the only one of us that still calls Lincoln “Bubba” but she loves him so much and the name seems to fit for them
- Reagan is a VERY cautious little girl, she is always warning me of impending danger and is reluctant to try anything adventurous. I may have created a monster!
We celebrated Reagan’s birthday twice, with a family party on her actual birthday and a friend party a few days later…
Her birthday haul- we are trying to push her out of her comfort zone with the scooter and so far she likes it but doesn’t quite love it!
She decided to sleep through dinner and we had to wake her up to eat cake and open presents
My seminary teacher used to bring us a big cookie on our birthdays and I loved the idea so this year I made Reagan a big cookie (so easy- why didn’t I do this before?) that was so yummy!
A little while later we had the big friend party which I purposely kept really simple (I still had minor panic attacks leading up to it). Reagan decided she wanted a Pirates and Princesses party so she could invite her boy and girl friends. Never again will I do a double themed party but the kids seemed to have fun.
We played a bunch of games and had a treasure hunt at the end but the kids enjoyed playing with the balloons the most.
Me and my (not for much longer) baby…love this girl!